05 February 2019

Journalism


I used to be a medical writer and a creative writer in the ad business. Then I became President of a marketing communications company and had multiple divisions reporting to me, including the main ad agency, a PR group, and the web development group. I became dangerous as I got to know a little about everything.



Now, I am Rear Commodore of the Ocean Cruising Club and also manage their digital communications and PR. I've been writing all the content for the OCC website home page as well as all the press releases that go to worldwide media for years. That has extended my footprint in the global author's arena to journalism on an international scale. I also have written for sailing magazines on both sides of the Atlantic.

Today I received my Yachting Journalists' credential. It even has my picture on it. After all these years of writing for sailing publications, I am finally a card-carrying professional, accepted into the high ranks of journalism. Hallelujah, I can now rest on my laurels.

No comments:

Post a Comment